Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tax Refunds!

Tax Refunds if you are Unemployed or out of work sick?

The amount of tax refund will depend on:
  • The length of time you have been unemployed
  • The amount of tax you have paid
  • The amount of tax credits you have used
  • The amount of your weekly social welfare payment
  • How your tax refund is paid
Revenue will issue a cheque if you are unemployed and due a tax refund.

If you are out of work sick, when you return to work your employer usually refunds your tax in your first weeks wages. If you think you may be due a tax refund contact your local district tax office.

If you have any comments or queries please use the comments or email link below or visit our website @

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary,
    This applies to current year refunds -

    for previous years you will need to claim yourself online or use a tax agent such as ourselves.

    best wishes,