Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When do I apply for a Tax refund?

Generally you should wait a minimum of 4 weeks from the date you became unemployed before you apply for a tax refund.

If however you are in receipt of any taxable sources of income (which would include taxable income from the Department of Social and Family Affairs) you should wait a minimum of 8 weeks, as, any tax credit will be utilised in part or in full against the other income.

If emergency tax was deducted by your former employer, you may apply immediately for a refund on becoming unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment