Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Medical Expenses Can i Claim?

You may claim tax relief in respect of the cost of certain medical expenses paid by you. You cannot claim tax relief for any expenditure which has been, or will be, reimbursed by another body such as the VHI, Quinn Healthcare etc. Also be aware that claims can be made for the previous 4 tax years. Many people are not aware of certain appliances which can aslo be claimed for, for example; Wheelchair and/or Wheelchair Lift, Exercise bicycle and Computers. You may only claim relief based on the advice of a medical practitioner or where medical evidence indicates that an item is necessary.

Claims can be made via Revenue's PAYE anytime website, by completing form Med 1 or Form 11. There are many more medical expenses you can claim, further articles will be posted shortly.

If you have any comments or queries please use the comments or email link below or visit our website @

No comments:

Post a Comment